Waste Reduction Week for Businesses
2016 Program for Businesses
Looking to raise awareness around waste reduction at your business or organization? Seeking a way to improve green practices around the office? Here are some things you can do to minimize your footprint while maintaining your bottom line!
- Register your business for Waste Reduction Week 2016 and join others across the country in your commitment towards green practices.
- Download the Waste Reduction Week Business Resource Kit from the national website. This resource provides tips to help your organization plan and implement waste reduction activities, including conducting a waste assessment, developing a waste reduction action plan, sustainable purchasing, and energy efficiency.
- Check out RCBC's Business Food Scraps Collection Program Kit. This resource provides tips and suggestions for implementing a successful organics collection program that fits the needs of your business or organization.
RCBC Zero Waste Profiles
Looking for case studies of companies leading the way in waste reduction? RCBC has profiled local businesses and organizations that are embracing zero-waste principles and making an impact:
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Green Coast Rubbish - An award-winning waste removal service that emphasizes the recycling and reuse potential for all their jobs.
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: London Drugs - Working to lower their environmental impact across 78 stores through their Green Deal Recycling Program.
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Bridge Brewing - Striving to become a zero-waste brewery since 2012.
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Uproot Now - A social enterprise tackling wood waste through entrepreneurship, engagement and empowerment.
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Cork-It! - Using the ordinary stopper to evoke conversation and innovation.
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Zero Waste Market - This 100% packaging-free store looks to tackle plastic pollution and food waste.
Doing something innovative in reducing your business or organization's waste? We would love to hear from you! Please email us at hotline(at)rcbc.ca and we may share your story with others to inspire change.
Tip of the Day for Businesses
Review some of our past Tip of the Day ideas to get you started on incorporating sustainable practices in the workplace.
- Day 1 - Engage Your Staff
- Day 2 - Conduct a Waste Assessment
- Day 3 - Sustainable Purchasing
- Day 4 - Improve Your Current Program
- Day 5 - Use Existing Resources